Tripadvisor.com is an online travel and restaurant service that focuses on user-generated content and reviews. It does, however, include a built-in hotel and short-term rental booking service. The company was created in 2000 and is headquartered in Needham, Massachusetts, in the United States. Flipkey was established in 2007 and became a part of Tripadvisor Rentals in 2008. Tripadvisor Rentals also include Holiday Lettings, Niumba, HouseTrip, and Vacation Home Rentals.
Flipkey still operates independently and under its own brand today. Flipkey is one of the most well-known participants in the short-term rental market.
Targeting: Tripadvisor targets audiences from all over the world. More specifically its target group is thought to be mid and high-income families.
- Founded: 2007 (USA)
- Short term rental properties: 830.000+
- Commission: 8%-16% guest – 3% host
- Payments: Channel collects payments
- How to register: https://www.syncbnb.com/guides/how-to-create-a-listing-on-tripadvisor/
- It is a timely, populist resource with both reviews and photographs posted by travelers
- It enables a variety of opinions to be voiced
- All vacation rentals listed with Tripadvisor Rentals are distributed through its other sites, which collectively attract 490 million travelers every month in 26 different languages.
- It is mainly used for reviews and not direct bookings.
- Dissatisfied guests use Tripadvisor as a venue to broadcast bad experiences
- Not good customer service -hard to reach and communicate-
Want to sync Tripadvisor(Flipkey) with your other channels?
Sign up for a 30 day free trial of Syncbnb